Viva La Papa!
I wanted to talk about how much I love Pope Benedict XVI. The love I have for him is inexpressible. The moment he came out on the balcony, I was so excited that I cried.
When Pope John Paul II died, and I was watching the funeral Mass, Joseph Ratzinger (Pope Benedict XVI) was saying Mass. I asked my mom if he was going to be Pope, and she said no, it won’t be him. Yet sure enough, he became our Papa.
Since I love the Pope so much I am going to give ten reasons why I love him.
1. His voice. His voice is the most beautiful, musical voice I have ever heard. I could listen to it all the time.
2. He is German. It makes me so happy to know he is German because I am. It used to make me mad to know that I am German, on account of World War II. Yet since our Pope is German, I am proud to be German, too.
3. His hands. I love when he raises his hands in greeting, he wiggles them in the air as if he was playing piano because he does play piano.
4. His smile. His bright smile makes me so happy.
5. His red shoes. I love the red shoes he wears. They are so awesome.
6. His walk. When I watch him walk it makes me smile. His walk is so confident.
7. His confidence. It makes me smile to see how comfortable he is wherever he goes.
8. His reason. The reason he gave to Pope John Paul II’s “Be Not Afraid” is because “Christ Is Our Hope.” This is so awesome. It makes me happy.
9. His white cap. I think it is so awesome.
10. Pope Benedict XVI. I love everything about him! (As you can see, he makes me smile a lot!)
Viva La Papa!