13 Discoveries I've Made Throughout 2012
In a way, inspired by Maddi's 13 on 14...
1. I am not quite the same person I was last year, last month, or last week. I keep growing and learning.
2.I should really force myself to write faster. Because after a while, I lose enthusiasm, and it shows. Plus, when I take too long, usually I’ve grown so much in the ways I think and write that all I want to do is go back and edit. Which is sometimes good, and sometimes bad.
3. I’d better begin my day with devotions with God because it is a blessing and besides, if I don’t, I will become easily irritated and become weak in spirit.
4. I now realize that every time a new baby joins my family, we will always be changed in just so many ways.
5. When I was little, I always dreaded the sight of that navy blue bible-thick Jacob’s Algebra book. It had looked just so complex with all those foreign alphabet letters but now as I am learning Algebra, it’s actually very easy and not something to dread.
6. My parents made some decisions this year that I admit that I did not exactly agree with their decisions at that time, but now, as I look back at this year’s events, their decisions have definitely ended up blessing me. Parents know best!
7. Always consider readers of all different views/opinions when writing.
8. God works in miraculous ways. For me, He’s worked in my heart and taught me how to forgive and – love. I guess you can say that perfect love covers all hatred.
9. Yay for poetry! It is definitely not dull as I deemed it before reading ApricotPie’s poetry.
10. Baptism is the best thing I’ve ever experienced. I am pure! I am forgiven! I believe! I bear fruit; I am growing!
11. Refraining from emailing is actually better than treating email as if it was a Facebook and it’s actually best (for me) to use email sparingly. But I assure you I didn’t think this in the beginning and was very unhappy that I wasn’t allowed email very much.
12. Even if my friend and I are hundreds of miles away from each other, when we pray for each other, we can just know that we are…because God is present in our lives.
13. Never write something onto Microsoft Word without clicking ‘save’ every five minutes. Or else…
14. Don’t say,” I’m going to ______ on Tuesday” without considering that I do not control my life; God controls my life because many, many times this year, I’ve had huge disappointments. Now, because of these, I try to remember to say, “I’m going to____ next Tuesday, if it is God’s will.” Only He knows!