Snow White in Bible Style, chap. 4
1. And, lo, she came upon the house, and did all that she could to make herself a stranger unto Snow White
2. And she knocked on the door, and, lo, it was opened. And Snow White said unto her, Greetings, grandmother! What mayest thou want here?
3. And Martha spake according to this manner to her, My dearest, I am giving an apple of gold. I thought thou mayest want it.
4. And Snow White was surprised, and said, Thou desirest in thine heart to give it to me? Nay, but go give it unto the royals.
5. But Martha did plead with Snow White to eat the apple, and Snow White did consent. For she had desired this thing in her heart.
6. And, lo, when she did swallow the first bite, she fell down, as one dead.
7. And Martha laughed happily, and went on her way. For, will she not be most beautiful now?
8. And, lo, she did consult her mirror, and it said unto her, My lady, My Queen, thou are the fairest.
9. And Martha rejoiced in her heart, and held a feast unto herself and unto all the princes.
10. And none of them knew this thing that she had done
11. And Martha daily did consult her mirror, for, she did love to hear herself as the fairest one of all